'73-'87 C/K discussion

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

'73-'87 C/K discussion

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 07/17/06
09:11 AM

Discussion related to '73-'87 C/K models and derivatives (Blazer, Suburban, etc.)  

Ti John Ti John
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/07/06
05:12 AM

I presently own a '84 C10 and would like to know what my options are as far as horsepower is concerned. It currently has a 5.7L 350 that I would like to get 300 to 350h.p. at the crank. With all of the smog laws for these particular vehicles, what can I legally do? Excuse me for my ignorance, I'm a late bloomer.

Please help,
Ti John
Houston, TX.  

Big H Big H
New User | Posts: 31 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/10/06
09:13 AM

Depending on what is actually looked at for smog laws will depend on what you can do. Our smog laws here in California are strict but workable. Many companies make smog legal equipment for your truck and getting 350 hp is possible. First of all you will need to have all the exterior power adders such as an intake manifold with some kind of free flowing air cleaner/intake. On the list also should be headers and an after-cat exhaust. Swapping the factory ignition for a higher energy version such as a Pro Billet form MSD will rock the fires a little harder. Anything after that will require you open the motor and do a cam, roller rockers with 1.7 ratio, and aftermarket heads as the stock heads do not flow well. All of those mods even work by California laws.  
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...