Ad Radar
Subscribe
Subscribe
> > > > >
Most and Least Favorite Modifications on Trucks.

Truckin Magazine
1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 08/02/07
04:23 PM

What mods make you nod and say "NICE!" when you see them on trucks? Conversely, which ones make you want to hurl your lunch into the bushes when you see them?  

Brandan Brandan
User | Posts: 140 | Joined: 11/06
04:46 PM

My short list of least wanted mods:  

1) I could do without Lambo doors.  They were designed to allow the really long doors of a Lamborghini to open up without needing a really wide parking space.  On a truck they make it harder to get into.  

2) Train horns.  Every time I go to a show and there are 4-5 guys near each other with train horns and they start a war to see who's the loudest I want to rip out air lines.  Ed, don't get me started on train horns.  

3) Subwoofers just for the sake of subwoofers.  That guy with the beat-up car with three 12s in it that rattle his trunk and license plate so hard that pieces fly off, you know that guy.  I think that your stereo system, first and foremost, should replicate the musical recording you are playing.  All that "that guy" is getting is a thump followed by a loud buzz.  Sorry, not for me.

4) Tweed interiors.  When I'm walking a show in the heat and I see a tweed interior I just imagine how hot and scratchy it must feel.  I know leather and suede is expensive, but even vinyl looks more modern.  
Feature Editor-Truckin' Magazine

5569 5569
Administrator | Posts: 328 | Joined: 09/06
05:27 PM

NICE!
1. SIMPLICITY - single or two-tone paint jobs, classy overall
2. WHEEL TUBS - makes everything so much cleaner!
3. TWEED INTERIORS - love em.  Tongue

NOT NICE!
1. Don't really care for lifted trucks. just not my style.
2. Lambo doors. But hey to each his own.
3. Painted but not smoothed interior plastics.
4. Murals/pinups - tacky and offensive
5. Clutter - too much stereo stuff, paint that's too crazy  

Chevrolac Chevrolac
New User | Posts: 27 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 08/03/07
03:25 AM

Nice:
1. Cleanliness is next to godliness
2. Simplicity (Less is more)
3. Suicide Doors
4. Denali Conversion on and Avalanche
5. Cadillac tail lights

Not Nice:
1. Escalade conversions on GM SUV's (tahoe,yukon,suburban); might as well have   bought and escalade, EXT, or ESV
2. Lamborghini doors (if you want Lambo Doors, by a lamborghini)
3. Stick on hood scoops and fender vents
4. Lowered Toyotas. i prefer the lifted 4x4 toyota trucks  

cmccustomzzzzz cmccustomzzzzz
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 08/03/07
07:00 PM

nice= suicide doors,blowers &superchargers, airbags, origional and unique body mods,custom interiors,(clean, not gawdy) and of course shaved everything.

not nice= Lambo doors, stickers(you know the ones),huge wheels on a classic that require a lift to clear them(at least tuck the dubs),& besides, they just dont belong,(try DONK mag), too many bolt-ons,import style taillights,and last but not least,stick on body mods,that's tupperware!  

Posted: 08/06/07
03:21 PM

I hope by stickers, you're not including "Truckin'" stickers. Those make any truck look better!  Smile  

5569 5569
Posted: 08/08/07
10:23 AM

I have to agree with the Caddy taillights...look SICK on mini trucks.  

Chevrolet-Fanatic Chevrolet-Fanatic
New User | Posts: 44 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 08/09/07
12:03 AM

Nice:
1. Color matching all plastics.
2. Suicide Doors, they never go out of style and are old school and still yet new school at the same time.
3. Simple paint jobs, mainly a one color or two tone job.
4. Making everything flow together all throughout the truck and not just picking out mods just for the sake to have more than anyone else.

Not Nice:
1.  Lamborghini Doors, they are waaaay overdone and look just plain retarded on a truck with their big doors.
2.  Anything over a 24" wheel on a full size truck.
3.  Stick on anything, don't buy mods at Wal-Mart people, please.
4.  These crazy jumbled up paint jobs that look like someone just threw up on the truck.  
Katastrophic Kustoms WV Truck Club President
WV Chapter of CTW Member
L13 Truck & SUV Association Member

5569 5569
12:17 PM

color matched plastics and billet accessories inside  

04:11 PM

Wow. Lot of Lambo-door haters in here. (Don't worry, I'm one of you, too.) Maybe you should let the editors know. I don't know if they got the memo yet.  Smile  

09:25 PM

Yeah, I don't know why so many people still go with Lamborghini Doors.   It is just like having stock doors now because everyone and their mother has them, especially by looking at these shows and other events where you will see a dozen trucks lined up all with Lamborghini doors on them.

Suicide it or leave it stock IMO.

BTW, big fan of the magazine, I've been a subscriber for a good while now but just got around to signing up to the site.  I am a member of a couple other forums and communities and have to say when I saw the new web layout it really drew me in to sign up.  
WV Chapter of CTW Member

ttrudzinski ttrudzinski
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 09/03/07
01:57 AM

Nice = Lifts, properly sized tires, new exhaust system, offroad lights, step ups, & clean.

Not nice = some new trend that bothers me and makes the truck look a little cheaper is that strip of LEDs that people are placing between the bottom of their tail gate and their bumper...what do you think?  
1BadTexan

Posted: 09/04/07
10:10 AM

I'm kind of neutral on the LED strip. If it's done right, it looks OK, but if it's done half-@$$, it can look a little cheesy.  

Balboa455 Balboa455
User | Posts: 194 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 09/10/07
11:17 AM

I have to say that there should be a level of good sense used when it comes to lifts. Let us just say that if I am driving next to you on the freeway and am terrified your monster truck is going to tip over onto my roof, you have gone too far!
   One personal beef I have is people who lift their truck and then leave the standard OEM tires and wheels on the truck. If you are going to beef up the ride height, up the wheel/tire size combo. As for things like lambo doors, if you put that on a truck or a van you should be slapped. Lambo doors belong on a Lamborghini. Period.  

Posted: 09/13/07
11:40 PM

Oh, anything over a 35" tire is pretty stupid on a IFS equipped truck as well.  A 36" or 37" is pushing it and you might get by but anything over that should require a solid axle swap.  I hate those huge IFS lifts that look like a gob of metal up front, such as Whiptrash, Full Throwup, or any of the other insanely stupid IFS lifts.

If you want it done right and the safe way, get you a nice Dana 60 and 14 bolt FF.

Don't endanger your own or other peoples safety just because you want to stuff some 40" Toyo MT's on your IFS equipped truck to look big and bad and cool.  That's just plain stupid.

2cents  
WV Chapter of CTW Member

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last