is truckin doomed?

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

is truckin doomed?

bodydropped05 bodydropped05
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/11/06
08:13 PM

everyone i talk 2 sayz truckin is dead. why is this? is it bcuz of teh baller stuff and lamboz?? what gives?  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 09/07/06
03:33 AM

Depends on your perspective I guess. I don't think so. It's by far the most prominent mag for custom trucks. Lambo doors happen to be a big trend right now. A few years from now, they'll probably look stupid, but it's our obligation to cover what's "hot" right now. If you don't like the coverage, you should contact the editors and let them know.  

5569 5569
Administrator | Posts: 328 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/08/06
05:01 AM

truckin' ain't doomed no worries.
truckin' covers lots of super sick stuff - I always like the classic trucks, and the mini trucks are sick. the features have nice layouts for sure, and there is tons of creativity and variety. The department sections are really interesting... so... that's just what I think.  

mcsjr454 mcsjr454
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/11/06
09:48 PM

Trucking isn't dead, however I would like to see a few more tech how-to articles. A few suggestions would be how to properly install door poppers, how to measure for big inch rims, how to install power window kits, or do a variation of like top 10 manufacturers. Take 10 manufacturers that produce a somthing that does the same thing, and rate how easy it is to install their products and list anything that needed mods ect...... And the last idea I have is go back to grass roots and turn the magazine into a trend setter instead of a trend follower. The very first Truckin I ever read showed exactly how to recess a liscense plate into your tailgate, and it wasn't 2 months later before every kicking truck I saw had recessed plates in the gate. BTW that article was in 94 or 95 I believe. I will continue to read truckin even if u dont like my ideas, Cause I see alotta sick twists I can make to some of the current mods to make em really POP!  

DanWard-Editor DanWard-Editor
Moderator | Posts: 183 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/02/06
03:53 PM

Truckin' dead?
In that case who is alive?

In an attempt to not sound arrogant, who has better photography, better tech, and more variety than Truckin'?

In regards to the post about lambo doors....all of the truck mags have done tech articles on lambo doors and shown features with trucjs equipped with those style doors.
Keep in mind, many people those are cool..do I?
Not so much, but I respect the guys and gals going out and modifying their trucks.

And like Ed said, it is a current trend.

As far as the post about more tech, take a look at our first two issues of '07. There is more tech, better tech, and more questions answered about the install and product than ever before.

Keep reading, I assure you we have some up and coming new trends in '07 that will turn the truck scene around.

As always, let me know your thoughts and the mag we work so hard on every month.
DAN  

uptup uptup
New User | Posts: 45 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/05/06
11:12 PM

im opinion everyone who bad mouths TRUCKIN, are all the guys too cheap to buy a copy of it.they rather save a couple dollars for the other low quality magazines.  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 05/07/07
02:00 PM

Truckin is by far the best truck mag out there.  It has classic custom trucks, lowriders, skyjacked haulers, SUV's, and its the best source for ultra classy truck/boat combos.  I've read truckin since before i could drive and ill read it until long after im cruising around in a motorized wheelchair.  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 05/09/07
11:03 PM

I dont know who you are talking too about Truckin' being dead.  Im not bad mouthing on you but did you consider gettin some new friends?? just kidding of course.  Ill be long cold in the ground before Truckin' is.  

IMVANISHINGBREED IMVANISHINGBREED
Moderator | Posts: 365 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 08/18/07
04:03 PM

Nope, Truckin is not dead. Personally I would like to see way less  boats and more vans. Truckin got its start with vans and now that vans are making a comeback I think it's time to give them a little space now and again. Maybe some tech articles on how best to lower the earlies that are built as unibodies and have straight axles. More and more young people are buying earlies causing prices to go up but then they find that it is sometimes hard to find the parts they need like lambo doors, clam shell and gull wing doors as well as kits to slam them to the ground.  
Mike Cook
Vice President
Inland Vans Berdoo
2008 Route 66 Hall of Fame Inductee

Chevrolet-Fanatic Chevrolet-Fanatic
New User | Posts: 44 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 08/18/07
10:26 PM

I personally love both Truckin' and Sport Truck magazines and will continue to be a longtime subscriber and supporter of both.  I would like to see more of the trend setting articles instead of trend following ones.  To tell you the truth every time I see "Lamborghini" doors it makes me want to throw up because I don't think they look good at all on a truck or an SUV.  A truck or SUV's larger size doors just don't look right that way IMO, they look the best when done the classic suicide door way.  When I get my Truckin' or Sport Truck magazine in the mail every month I read every bit of it because I like it so much and I'm such an avid custom truck enthusiast.  That's why I'm here in this forum, to support our hobby, the scene altogether, and this magazine.  If it weren't for people like us who modify our trucks, SUVs, and vans, plus these magazines, there wouldn't even be a scene or hobby and people would still be driving stock vehicles.  Really now, what fun would that be?  
Katastrophic Kustoms WV Truck Club President
WV Chapter of CTW Member
L13 Truck & SUV Association Member

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 08/20/07
02:25 PM

Any good magazine, site or whatever, owes it to its readers to follow the trends. Even if you don't personally like Lambo doors or ridiculous 3-foot straight-axle lifts, doesn't mean you shouldn't cover them. Granted, editors can be "trend-setters" in some respects, and can lead by example. But if the crowd is out there that likes Lambos and mega-lifts, then you gotta give the people what they want.

I've also seen plenty of super-clean and classy trucks in Truckin' as well. I don't think Truckin', either the mag or the site, is going away any time soon.  

IMVANISHINGBREED IMVANISHINGBREED
Moderator | Posts: 365 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 08/21/07
03:07 PM

Cool, since vans are becoming more and more popular, especially the earlies (1961-1967) according to what you just said, we should start seeing more of them in Truckin Magazine. I would really like to see a couple of pages dedicated to "Awesome Lady" a very radical early Ford up in Washington State. From what I heard three early Econos were cut up to make this very long awesome van.
Here's some info and pics.

The Awesome Lady
Titled as 1961 Econoline (took 3 vans to build, the long tail was newer)
Took 3 1/2 years to build
Engine: 454 Chevy bored to 468 ***
671 GMC blower with twin Holley carbs, serpentine belt system
estimated horse power 800
narrowed ford 9 inch rear end with 18 inch wide tires with air suspension on all 4 corners
disc brakes on the front, Astro power steering box  
Mike Cook
Vice President
Inland Vans Berdoo
2008 Route 66 Hall of Fame Inductee