S10 CREW CAB DUALLY WITH 5.7

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

S10 CREW CAB DUALLY WITH 5.7

Astro-#001 Astro-#001
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 09/08/07
10:37 PM

Afew yrs ago I remember a article in Truckin about how Chevy make a S10 crew cab dually with a 5.7 V8 for export to So America only.I am trying to find that article again.Any suggests how I might be able to do that?.

Thanks,

Gary  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 09/10/07
04:36 PM

Umm. I've seen some customized S-10 dualies with 350s in them, but didn't hear about anything along the lines of what you're describing. Maybe check out the Mexican and/or Brazilian Chevy sites? I checked on the Brazilian Chevy site, and it looks like the only available engines are four-cylinder gas & diesels.  

powderman powderman
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/11
Posted: 01/10/11
03:38 PM

I know this thread is old but I was trying to find old research on this truck also. It was featured in HotBoat magazine of all places. It was an extended cab 4 door dually with a 5.7 for Mexico only as I understood it. This was not a custom but a truck manufactured by GM.  

sonomaguy sonomaguy
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 03/27/11
02:00 PM

What is the websight for the brazilian chev and mexican chev?  

jmacdadd jmacdadd
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 10/04/11
05:19 PM

I remember this truck and the article it made its debut in but I am thinking that it was in Mini Truck or Sport Truck magazine (not Truckin').  It was blue.  It was a 2wd crew cab dually that was only available in Brazil and came stock with a V-8 and a/c.  I remember bringing it home with me in college in February 1997 after my buddy got into a car wreck, so it had to be a late 1996 or early 1997 magazine (I might still have it somewhere...)...anyway, it was the SLQ+4 package.  I have googled this before with no luck.  This was years before it made its North American debut and Chevy still never made the V-8 an option in the S-10 which is unfortunate since the 4.3l V-6 just isn't enough for real towing and the new 5 cylinder colorado isn't much better.  If I find that article, I will let you know!  jmacdadd@hotmail.com