Some help please

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Some help please

scottyb22 scottyb22
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 11/01/07
10:04 PM

ok so i just got a 1999 gmc sierra and i was wanting to put a dual exhaust on it but im not sure what brand would be the best i am willing to look at flowmasters but i want it to sound very loud so can you help me  

Wheat Wheat
Moderator | Posts: 431 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 11/02/07
07:45 AM

If you want it loud and use Flowmaster, Go for the one Chambers....It will sounds Awesome (But Loud).....Laugh  

Balboa455 Balboa455
User | Posts: 194 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 11/02/07
09:08 AM

Sounds more like you want a performance muffler, not a dual port exhaust system. One of the multi chamber mufflers will give you that "noise" it sounds like you are looking for. Sometimes putting in a different exhaust path can give less noise, but definitely more power. Maybe a combo of both different exhaust and muffler options. You can also always look for ideas from old tech articles in Truckinweb! They usually have a couple of exhaust build articles each issue!

One thing I don't understand about these multi-chamber mufflers is why they call them mufflers? They should be called resonators or even AMPLIFIERS as they can be so darn loud!  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 11/05/07
04:52 PM

Actually, a buddy of mine really likes the Sweet Thunder mufflers. He has an '06 GTO with them, and it's pretty mean-sounding. I haven't heard the one-chamber Flowmasters, but I've heard the 2 and 3 chamber ones, and even though I like the sound, I don't consider them to be that loud. If you're looking for a complete cat-back system, there are quite a few out there for GM trucks. In terms of the "loudest" ones, I couldn't really tell you off the top of my head. None of them in recent memory are like straight-pipe Harley or funny car loud. To paraphrase the quote, I guess I'd say, "Loud is in the ear of the beholder."  

popknot popknot
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/18/07
11:27 PM

18 inch glasspacks would probably be loud  

Wheat Wheat
Moderator | Posts: 431 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 11/19/07
01:32 PM

Icon Quote:
18 inch glasspacks would probably be loud

Yes they would be........