Clifford Performance

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Clifford Performance

IMVANISHINGBREED IMVANISHINGBREED
Moderator | Posts: 365 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 12/05/07
10:58 PM

Have any of you heard of Clifford Performance and their 6=8 technology? If not do yourself a favor and check out their website www.cliffordperformance.com  . They build some inline six motors for Fords, Dodges, Jeeps, and Chevies. I am talking 450+ pounds of torque and plenty of HP. I will be having them build me one of their motors with either dual weber 4 barrels or three weber two barrels for a 1964 Econoline I just bought. They present a very good alternative to a V8 swap. With throttle body injection, in house custom built intakes, headers, cams and heads they offer a motor you can be proud of. Add a set of Flowmaster Delta Force single chamber mufflers and you will definitly get noticed going down the road. Their company is small now but will grow once more people learn about their motors. They have been around for quite some time so they have lots of experiance. If you want to do something trick to your inline six they are the people to see. I will be posting more on Clifford Performance down the road and will try to fully document the motor along with pictures of the build.  
Mike Cook
Vice President
Inland Vans Berdoo
2008 Route 66 Hall of Fame Inductee

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 12/07/07
11:09 AM

Hey Mike! That sounds really cool. Yeah, I've heard of Clifford. They build some wicked engines. Nobody thinks of old sixes as being fast, but if you know what you're doing, you can get some serious power out of them.  

IMVANISHINGBREED IMVANISHINGBREED
Moderator | Posts: 365 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 12/07/07
09:39 PM

Hey Ernie I'll bring the 64 Econoline down to Truckin once I get it going. I have a sponsor for an airride suspension and am hoping to get Arc Audio to help sponsor the sound system. I am talking to a granite company about putting a granite slab in the back for a floor and a bar with a matching granite top. I have a great painter for the tru fire but am still trying to find a sponsor for the candy apple Black cherry paint. Also a sponsor for the tires and rims. I have a sponsor for a gull wing door too. I am thinking Cerullo seats in the front. They offered to sponsor seats in my 66 Econoline so I hope to have them sponsor the seats in this one.
Anyone know of a good painter who may consider sponsoring the paint?  
Mike Cook
Vice President
Inland Vans Berdoo
2008 Route 66 Hall of Fame Inductee