My Worst Truck Stories....

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

My Worst Truck Stories....

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 07/20/07
03:08 PM

Ever owned a real lemon? Your truck leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere on a rainy night? Tell your horror stories here.  

qu1cks1lver56 qu1cks1lver56
New User | Posts: 14 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 11/29/07
11:01 PM

my cousins first truck, a 1996 sierra broke down in wal mart parking lots all over town, i think almost every wal mart around here, lol
once was the fuel pump, once or twice, maybe 3 times was the battery, flat tires, but oh did we have some memories with that thing...  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 12/03/07
06:29 PM

Man. That sounds like a stupid VW I owned a few years ago. I swear that thing was possessed.  

layne12 layne12
New User | Posts: 13 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/26/08
05:33 AM

my s10, first it was the heater core.. pain the the rear that was, now yesterday i went out to start it to go to work like usual come to find out the origanal battery, finally died. i just got the truck about a month ago, me being the 2nd owner. so i guess a little bit of good luck and a little bad?  

silent_orchestra silent_orchestra
User | Posts: 59 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/26/08
11:36 AM

I was driving my '94 Chevy 1500, and the tranny and been getting worse each and every day. Well...I was sitting at a stop light, and you had to kind of gun it if you wanted it to move at all, well to make a long story short, the tranny decided to make it's way to the pearly gates, by blowing it's guts into 8million pieces. That's why she's getting a 425olds and a TH400, bye bye 4.3l 4l60E. The second bad story was, I was driving my '60 Effie to school, I was coming into the parking lot, I stuck her in reverse started backing up, hit the brake she kept going, ended up peeling the hood on a '98 Grand Prix open like a sardine can with the home made steel bumper and hitch...  

kaboom10 kaboom10
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/27/08
10:46 AM

I've been pretty fortunate with all my rides new or used(with a few exceptions). The worst was an old Ford that simply needed everything. The engine came over bored from wear alone. It didn't have much power and it didn't have a stick. Well core parts were cheap from the grape vine and there were always the junk yard for better replacement parts. The engine worked fine and I found out I should have put a 4 speed in. The 3 speed trans came apart so much I could rebuild it in my sleep. I've had to have problems with new vehicles that caused me to have to take matters into my own hands to get repaired by dealers. If I'm gonna put out my hard earned cash then they are gonna make it right or wish they had. I'm glad the dealer where we get our trucks are better than some we've been to. If we don't get what we want we tell the sales lady that there are other dealers to buy from. Bingo! Never tell a mad woman who sells cars no. She  does better than the old guy who retired we had as a sales person.  
02 F-150 butt kicker

kaboom10 kaboom10
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/27/08
10:46 AM

I've been pretty fortunate with all my rides new or used(with a few exceptions). The worst was an old Ford that simply needed everything. The engine came over bored from wear alone. It didn't have much power and it didn't have a stick. Well core parts were cheap from the grape vine and there were always the junk yard for better replacement parts. The engine worked fine and I found out I should have put a 4 speed in. The 3 speed trans came apart so much I could rebuild it in my sleep. I've had to have problems with new vehicles that caused me to have to take matters into my own hands to get repaired by dealers. If I'm gonna put out my hard earned cash then they are gonna make it right or wish they had. I'm glad the dealer where we get our trucks are better than some we've been to. If we don't get what we want we tell the sales lady that there are other dealers to buy from. Bingo! Never tell a mad woman who sells cars no. She  does better than the old guy who retired we had as a sales person.  
02 F-150 butt kicker

chevyqueen89 chevyqueen89
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 02/15/12
08:22 PM

Well actually I dont know how many girls drive trucks or who can rock the look of it(especially older models of them?) but i have to say that i'm fortunate to have my life and trust the CHEVY especially my baby. I have a 93' chevy silverado C1500 dropped. On 1/23/2012 my life changed drastically. It was a rainy day in my city and my friend and i had a meeting at work. It was 2:30p.m so we were running kind of late. So we jumped into my truck to head on over. The floor was obviously slippery due to the rainy climate. As i was making a left turn i slightly pushed on the gas to make it go, but sadly i lost control of the wheel i tried to brake but my truck skitted so we spun 360' mode. The last thing i remember is that we went onto the curb and hit the wall. My friend also flew on top of me, so i got most of the impact. I cried like no tomorrow because it was the only thing i had that was owned to me. The police came to make a report of the accident since we were facing opposite of the traffic. But luckily we suffered only minor bruising and everything was fine. If it wasnt for my truck i probably wouldnt suffered more injuries even death. My baby is full of toughness and finally little by little she's going back to normal like if nothing ever happened. I'm happy and proud to say i own a chevy  Cool