GMC Denali XT - Good Direction or Bad?

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

GMC Denali XT - Good Direction or Bad?

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 02/05/08
09:39 AM

What do you guys think of this new Denali XT concept? It's based on the Zeta chassis, which is the basis for the Pontiac G8 and the upcoming Camaro. The beltline has been raised to give it a more truck-like appearance. The prototype features a hybrid powertrain and a direct-injection 4.9L small-block producing 326 horsepower. It's a unibody chassis, with a midgate similar to the Avalanche. Here's a photo. Our sister publication Truck Trend has more details.

2008 Gmc Denali Xt Concept Side View  

Balboa455 Balboa455
User | Posts: 194 | Joined: 06/07
09:50 AM

WOW! That is awesome! I hate GM trucks and I love the way that looks! Some styling elements like the Toyota AT-BAT but with a much more American Gangster feel to it. They HAVE to make that. It would sell like the proverbial hotcakes, I think. The line on the back door probably means you would always hit your head on the way in, but who cares if you look that cool riding in it? I can't believe I just wrote this, I am supposed to be a Ford guy! I am officially a traitor.  

truckmod75 truckmod75
Moderator | Posts: 124 | Joined: 10/06
10:44 AM

Well, the Acadia has already set the precedent for a non-BOF  GMC. Let's face it, fewer and fewer of GMC's customers are Red-Wing wearin' contractors and blue-collar good ol' boys. They've got to expand their market. The Acadia has been pretty successful so far. This could either be one of their best moves in years, or a total flop.  

snackworm snackworm
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/12/08
08:10 AM

As far as looks go, I think it's smoking hot. I could definitely see this bringing in some buyers.

On the personal preference side, it's not for me. I don't have a problem with the unibody chassis vehicles, I'm just a truck guy, pure and simple.  

09:48 AM

I don't think unibodies are ever going to replace the 3/4-1 ton market. But among the half-tons, you might start seeing some unibodies show up. Let's face it, for a lot of those guys, they're just for personal-use anyway. A lot of guys buy half tons just to have "a truck." They almost never use them to tow or haul.  

TenacityRacing TenacityRacing
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 06/08
08:31 PM

thats ugly as hell!!  

Posted: 06/13/08
09:31 AM

I like it better than the Ridgeline, but I'm not totally sold on it myself.  Smile