SWAPPING 350 TBI TO LT1

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

SWAPPING 350 TBI TO LT1

LETHALSS LETHALSS
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/19/08
08:59 AM

I CURRENTLY PURCHASED A 95 CHEVY SILVERADO WITH A 350 TBI, 4L60 TRANS, & 4WD. IM ALSO THE PROUD OWNER OF A 10 SECOND 96 Z28 SS. I PLAN ON SELLING THE CAMARO & KEEPING THE TRUCK. I'LL NEVER GET WHAT I PUT INTO THE LT1 & WOULD LOVE TO INTALL IN THE TRUCK. I PLAN ON INSTALLING FACTORY ENGINE IN CAMARO TO RETURN TO STOCK. MY QUESTION IS HAS ANY ONE DONE THIS SWAP? IF SO WHAT WOULD I NEED? THANK YOU FOR ALL FEEDBACK  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 02/19/08
02:18 PM

I know Chevy offered the 4L60 in the trucks for a while, I think the '95 Silverado is one of them. GM computers are pretty adaptable, from what I've heard. You could probably re-flash the computer on the truck, or at least get a similar one that will run the LT1.  

Fastgear01 Fastgear01
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/20/08
04:31 PM

I have a 94 z28 lt1 with alot of mods done. If you decide to swap you most likely need to swap the computer from the z28 to. or re re download a knew progam try dioblo sport program or jet  

bclay83 bclay83
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/22/08
05:44 PM

CAN I TURN AN LT1 INTO A THROTTLE BODY INJECTED TO PUT INTO A 92 CHEVY Z71  

NinetyFiveSierra NinetyFiveSierra
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/26/09
03:43 PM

I'm looking for info on the LT1 into 95 Sierra 1500 swap.  I've got the wiring figured out, but before I start, I wanted to know about the mechanical differences.
Motor mounts:  Is there an exisiting GM or aftermarket motor mount that adapts the LT1 to the 95 Sierra frame?
Drive shaft length: My Sierra is a 5 speed, but I'll be moving the 4L60E out of 95 Impala with the engine and hoped this isn't going to be a custom drive shaft but can pick up an existing GM drive shaft from slavage truck?
I'm guessing I need to get the steering column and cable style shift linkage to adapt the 4L60E to my currently manual transmission 95 Sierra?  The Impala was already converted to the 99 S-10 Blazer style floor shift cable linkage, I don't know if the S-10 and Sierra used the same cable?   I'm tempted to build a custom console and mount the Blazer floor shifter and then just keep the manual trans steering column, that would be the easiest thing, but wouldn't have the "apply brake to shift from park" safety feature.
Any info on this swap would be great, thanks.

As for the wiring, the 95-96 Caprice/Impala wiring harness for engine management is all contained in the engine compartment.  With just the wiring going into the passenger compartment for the instrument cluster and steering column.  It would be alot easier to splice the wiring for the Truck instrument cluster to the Impala's wiring harness than trying to wire an LT1 to a throttle body harness/computer.  The LT1's pcm mounts in the engine comparment like the 96 and up trucks.  I already picked up a GM truck PCM holder to mount on the drivers fender well.   We swap Z28 instrument clusters into the Caprice/Impala all the time, so won't be anything new for me to wire truck cluster to Impala harness.  My HVAC control head has already died in my 95 Sierra anyway so just wiring the instrument cluster is main thing.  The Impala wiring will be ran through the truck and I'll use the Impala or Roadmaster HVAC control.  This is a manual window/lock truck so I'll be wiring in power window/lock units I pulled from salvage GM truck anyway.  
The wiring is easy for me, its the mechanical like motor mount placement and drive shaft length I want to know before doing the swap.

Like I mentioned, I have the power window and lock insert panels to put in my 95 Sierra, but I've never found a good set of power door panels.  If anyone has a good pair of front door power window/lock door panels, please let me know.  My interier is tan, but I can SEM any color to tan.