Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

My 04 GMC Sierra - Any ideas?

StatesboroBlue StatesboroBlue
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/24/09
02:08 PM

Here is my 2004 GMC Sierra.  

It has 22" Dub wheels, custom bumper, grille, and rollpan, Euro taillights, cowl hood, Muth signal sport mirrors, and tint with a sunstrip.  Also sprayed on a bedliner.

Under the hood is the stock 4.8 V8, to which I added ram air intake and K&N filter.  Also has modified exhaust (catalytic converters were opened up and hollowed out and exits through Flowmaster muffler)

Inside, I have a 1000w Insignia amp and a 1200w Sony Xplod 12" sub in a ported ProBox.  Also has navigation.  

Everything else is pretty much same same...I am open to any suggestions about how best to complete this ride.  Would like some simple mods to the engine and maybe to dress up the engine compartment, and maybe a billet wheel and accessories on the interior (the interior is basically all black/charcoal).  What do you guys think?  Thanks!

Truckpic  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 10/26/09
03:25 PM

Looks like you're off to a good start. In terms of engine stuff, I actually drove a 4.8 Sierra with a Magnacharger, and that thing was a beast! They're not cheap, but I guarantee you won't be disappointed with the performance.

If you want to get a little more adventurous, you could always do Caddy taillights. I know some people think that look is "played-out" but I think it's a really classic, classy look when done well.

Shaved handles would look nice, too, but have a "Plan B" if the solenoids go out. Most guys that know what they're doing will design in a back-up plan for the doors. If you're not sure you want to do shaved handles, I've seen guys do C5 Vette door handles, that also look pretty nice. If you want to do something more simple and bolt-on, there are a lot of custom billet door handles that will give you a unique look (tribal, bullet, etc.)

Anyway, just a few thoughts I had. Hope this gives you some food for thought.  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 10/28/09
12:48 PM

You're doing a great job keep on going with it.  The billet interior is a great idea, a nice touch under the hood is to paint anything that you can.  

Posted: 11/02/09
05:03 PM

It definitely helps a lot.   Not sure about handles yet.  I will have to use her some for work, so practicality is a must.  

05:05 PM

Icon Quote01YukonRollin:
You're doing a great job keep on going with it.  The billet interior is a great idea, a nice touch under the hood is to paint anything that you can.

Thanks man I appreciate it!  

05:13 PM

Two more pics of the truck

Pickup8
Pickup4