Truckin Magazine
1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

1st issue of AMERICAN TRUCK magazine on sale 1/26/10

John Gilbert John Gilbert
New User | Posts: 39 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 12/29/09
11:56 AM

American Truck hits the newsstands on January 26, 2010 at store near you, and I mean to tell you, we really kicked out the jambs on distributing this new tech intensive truck magazine. To give you folks an idea just how serious we are about launching American Truck here's a top 15 list of where you'll be able to find it on sale. Not in alphabetical order, but just a random grab here's the list.

1)    CVS

2)    Wal-mart

3)    Walgreens

4)    Safeway

5)    Kroger

6)    Rite-Aid

7)    Barnes & Noble

8)    Loblaws

9)    7-eleven

10) Shoppers Drug

11) Books-a-million

12) Giant Eagle

13) Target

14) Raleys

15) Food Lion

So, anyway if any of you folks have any questions about the content, or anything else for that matter regarding AT please respond to this thread.

Thank you,

John Gilbert, Editor

American Truck  

g-man66 g-man66
New User | Posts: 22 | Joined: 12/09
12:41 PM

Is this a Source Interlink publication?

What type of coverage - customs, vintage, new trucks?  

01:21 PM

American Truck is being produced for LMC Truck of Lenexa, Kansas by Source Interlink Media's Performance Automotive Group which includes Street Rodder, Rod & Custom, Custom Classic Trucks, and Classic Trucks. The first edition is dedicated to '47-98 Chevy and GMC trucks.

Thanks for asking!  

IMVANISHINGBREED IMVANISHINGBREED
Moderator | Posts: 365 | Joined: 08/07
05:11 PM

will you have van coverage???  
Mike Cook
Vice President
Inland Vans Berdoo
2008 Route 66 Hall of Fame Inductee

07:10 PM

Hi Mike, I'd like to say yes, but the truth is it's not likely. That said, there was a pretty bitchin' early Econoline van I was keeping an eye while I was still the editor of Custom Classic Trucks. Ryan Manson is CCT's new editor, I'll keep him up to speed on it, and let him know when its finished. Also Riz over at Classic Trucks is an early Econline fan, so I'd rattle his cage too if you want.

Thanks,

John  

gcunha gcunha
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 10/09
09:11 PM

Hi John, Glads to hear that you are putting out a new magazine. I have an 02 Chevy Avy and I have had some work done to it. Is there any way to get it in your magazine? Please let me know. Here is my email g_cunha@comcast.net.

Thanks for your time.

George  

09:24 PM

Hey George,

We're putting American Truck out for LMC Truck, and they have lots of cool parts for your Avy, but I'm sorry at the present time the cut-off year to feature a truck in American Truck is '98. Not to worry though because you can contact the crew at Truckin' right here and see if they can find a spot for your '02 in the pages of Truckin' or maybe right here on Truckinweb.com.

Thanks a lot for your interest!

John  

10:37 PM

Okay. Which early Econo are you talking about??? Have you seen mine??? If not look at readers rides the light blue one and the candy apple red one with true fire flames. Two of the top rides on this site. The red one has been in TV commercials. in Fast and Furious, on Pimp My Ride at least 12 times and in Truckin as well as magazines in Japan and Europe.  
Mike Cook
Vice President
Inland Vans Berdoo

g-man66 g-man66
10:38 PM

So is this a magazine or a cover to cover LMC ad? Is it a monthly publication?

Please explain the concept.  

11:24 PM

The concept is exactly like back in the 60's when AEE Choppers published Chopper Guide. American Truck is a tech intensive magazine with 8 tech stories demonstrating in-depth how to install products from LMC Truck. In the same sense that a text book author is subject to peer review the tech features in American Truck were written and photographed by myself, along with other Source Interlink editors from Custom Classic Trucks, Classic Trucks, and Sport Truck , and then scrutinized by LMC Truck's product engineers.

The first issue of American Truck is on sale 1/26/10, and then depending on how well it is received will determine if there will be more issues to follow... I'd like to see it turn into a quarterly publication.

Naturally, I'm hoping people like American Truck, so we can get a chance to improve it with each new issue.  

11:30 PM

Yeah, I've checked out your Econo vans, both very nice trucks and absolutely magazine quality to say the least! The Econo van I'm talking about is being built in a So Cal shop, and no one has ever seen it yet.  

g-man66 g-man66
Posted: 12/30/09
07:09 AM

There really is not a need to limit the years of the feature trucks - LMC makes parts beyond 1998. This also explains why there will be no vans - LMC does not sell van parts.

What about if the first issue bombs - will that end the venture?  

07:54 AM

You're absolutely right LMC Truck carries parts for Chevy and GMC trucks, and SUVs up to 06. The '98 cut-off is a starting point if American Truck lives past the first issue there's no rules for what future issues will bring. It's all about reader demand, If I see a reasonable amount of 98 up trucks being submitted to American Truck  to be considered as a feature then things will change.

Again you're right, the magazine can bomb. Back in '99 when I was creating Tailgate magazine, I knew we could put it out there and maybe no one would buy it. Will that end the venture? I hope not that's why I'm on here trying to make sure people know that on 1/26/10 they'll be sure to look for it, and hopefully they like what they see.

And yeah, vanners are like panel truck people, they're a special nitch and they know how to figure out what can be used from ordinary trucks to stay on the road... I know, I had a '56 Chevy panel, and a '67 Chevy van, both for a long time.

And thank you for your interest, it's appreciated!  

g-man66 g-man66
08:27 AM

Good luck making it all happen - hope it all works out!

I'm not a van person...I don't consider them trucks...but that's my opinion. Vans should have their own magazine. Then again, I don't believe I should be reading about semis in Truckin' either! I don't care how wicked they are, it's a waste of pages that can be used for better features.

I cannot be the only reader that feels this way...  

11:36 AM

A little history for you. Vans are trucks. They were originally built as commercial vehicles and still are. Truckin Magazine got it's start covering vans back in the seventies. If it wasn't for vans you would not have Truckin magazine to read today. Back in the seventies we (vanners)had what we called "Truckins" or "van happenings". Truckin covered a lot of those events and they still cover vans.  
Mike Cook
Vice President
Inland Vans Berdoo

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last