05 Sequoia Front End

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

05 Sequoia Front End

sirdewitt sirdewitt
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 12/15/09
01:15 PM

I am looking to beef up the front suspension in my 2005 Sequoia with the anticipation of putting a plow on it. In searching the web for options I have found a few but am looking for insight from those who have done something similar.

Any help is greatly appreciated...  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
03:03 PM

Don't quote me on this, but I think some of the stuff for the Tundra might fit on the Sequoia too. I came across this company called Reunel that has one of the beefiest I've seen yet for the Tundra. You might want to call them and see if it would work on the Sequoia too.

Reunel Tundra HD Bumper

Tundra 13  

sirdewitt sirdewitt
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/09
08:44 PM

Nice Bumper....    From what I understand the front end of the Sequoia is a duplicate of the Tundra but can not get any technical confirmation from Toyota on that point. I will check with Reunel and see what info they can provide.

Thx...  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 12/16/09
10:47 AM

Sorry. After re-reading your original question, I realized you were asking about the suspension. I guess my suggestion would be to try to find heavier-duty front springs, as the HD bumper and associated equipment with a snow plow would probably add 200-300 lbs. I found that ARB offers heavier-duty springs for the '07-'10 Tundra, but I didn't see anything for the older models. Maybe Reunel can make some recommendations on suspension upgrades.