2000 Chevy Silverado "Searing" supercharged...info needed

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

2000 Chevy Silverado "Searing" supercharged...info needed

4garages 4garages
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/30/10
05:52 PM

I recently purchased a 2000 Chevy Silverado xtra cab with what looks to be a Performance West "Searing" modification package. I have researched the Motor Trend and SEMA stuff on-line about this very fast truck but I am trying to find out how many of them were made, who built them, what they are worth, etc.
Among other things, this truck has a custom rear end that looks just like a C5 Corvette complete with round tail lights in the tailgate, a full Hotchkis suspension upgrade, and a very clean Whipple supercharger installation.

Any help with historical info would be appreciated.  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 03/31/10
01:33 PM

Check out this beauty in the reader's rides section of the site.  Good buy!  

4garages 4garages
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/31/10
04:28 PM

I found a website story from Motor Trend Dec 2008 "fastest trucks we have ever tested" and there is one of these Performance West Searing Silverado's listed as #6 on the all time list. Looks like it was also on the cover of Truckin back in 99'.

There has to be some info available on who built these things and how many of them were made?

I just took it out for the first time and it is a very nice ride, firm and fast. I verified the odometer with a state trooper friend because I couldn't believe it was real....the truck only has 10,446 miles on it. The original owner was down in NC.  

chocdigger chocdigger
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/11
Posted: 04/14/11
09:26 PM

Do you still have the truck and did you find the information you needed?