Installing a steering wheel in a 2000 GMC Sierra

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Installing a steering wheel in a 2000 GMC Sierra

rexwrecks rexwrecks
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/27/10
11:26 AM

I purchased a non-airbag steering wheel for my 2000 GMC Sierra.  I can't find an installation kit to install it in my truck.  Anyone have any idea where I can purchase one.  I saw quite a few Sierras in the Truckin magazine with the type of steering wheel I purchased.  I just need to know where I can get the installation kit.  

g-man66 g-man66
New User | Posts: 22 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 02/28/10
07:07 PM

The installation kit you need is made by Billet Specialties. I do not know of another non-airbag install adapter kit. I have included a Summit link that is always on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Billet-Specialties-31126-Adapter-Steering-Wheel-96-03-G_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ceddd3e64QQitemZ330408214116QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

You will also need the right steering wheel puller. I purchased mine from Snap On but I am sure there are cheaper models if you don't want to spend that much. You need to make sure that your aftermarket steering wheel will fit on the adapter - it doesn't have to be a Billet Specialties wheel but it will have to match the bolt pattern. I did this on my 99 Silverado with their wheel and adapter.

Good luck with the installation!

G  

rexwrecks rexwrecks
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 03/01/10
05:17 PM

Thanks for your advice.  I appreciate the help.  I'll check out the site.

Rex