new to Truckin'.

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

new to Truckin'.

RangersFan09 RangersFan09
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 04/14/10
01:48 PM

Im a Deployed Soldier.I Have a '09 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4.

I'd like to pull more out of my 5.3L.I basically want a "Hemi Slayer" =) , any suggestions?  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/16/10
02:00 PM

Intake, Headers, Exhaust, Programmer.  Unless you want to bolt on a supercharger.  It's really up to you, how much you want to spend.  The more HP you want, the more cash money it costs.  If you can, I'd go with a supercharger.  There's lots of companies out there to help you out with whatever you need.  Shop around and find what works best for you and your budget.  Good luck and stay safe over there.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 04/16/10
04:17 PM

Yeah, thankfully there are plenty of power parts out there for the 5.3. But the Hemi is pretty strong to begin with. I agree with Cody, if you're looking for balls-out power, a supercharger is the way to go, but they can be pricey. I'm personally a fan of the Magnacharger, if you're looking mostly for street performance. Centrifugals are great at the drag strip, but they can be dogs off-the-line and at lower speeds.  

DanWard-Editor DanWard-Editor
Moderator | Posts: 183 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 04/22/10
11:37 AM

RangersFan09-
First off, thanks for your service. You're an inspiration to all of us.
Secondly, GO ANGELS!!
(sorry, division rivals!)

Now back to your question, if you want real power and you're willing to spend some of your tax-free dollars, I'd recommend the LSX 376. It's GM Performance Parts latest and greatest LSX engine and it's built for boost.
http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/lsx/index.jsp
It will bolt right into your Chevy and many of the drive accessory components will work with your engine.
Take out the 4.8L or 5.3L and sell it, then get ready to hold on.
I noticed you're from Texas and you could probably get a way with this swap.
What you can expect, is 620 HP that will smoke darn near anything on the road (especially with a bed). Keep checking back with us and i just picked one up for my '04 GMC and we're going to build it up inside the mag.
Thanks again-  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/22/10
04:40 PM

Sorry to steal this thread a bit on you Rangersfan, but I can't wait to see the Sierra Dan has cookin' for us.