Ad Radar
Subscribe
Subscribe
> > > > >
"The Show" nice enough to take on "Color Blind"?

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 03/23/10
11:54 AM

As I watch the buildup of this truck ("The Show") a few things come to mind. This truck is insanely sick.  Probably the nicest c10 to date.  It's given me huge respect for Aaron Iha, Chassis By Aaron is amazing.  Personally I thought Extensive was the top dog but after looking at this thing, man there are some major players out in Cali.  "The Show" might be the closest competition to "Color Blind" for the upcoming season.  Is this the real Cali. vs Texas?  Thoughts?  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Posted: 03/26/10
12:35 PM

The more I look at "The Show" the more it amazes me how much metal work is done to this thing.  

Brandan Brandan
User | Posts: 140 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 04/06/10
01:56 PM

I hope these two trucks stir things up and get the fabricators to push the envelop in truck building. I saw both trucks in various stages of construction and it was amazing watching them come together, truly some outstanding craftsmanship and creativity.

I'm a bit biased to The Show because Dan and I went on a road trip to pick it up when it was a bone stock '67 C10, but both trucks raise the bar.  
Feature Editor-Truckin' Magazine

DanWard-Editor DanWard-Editor
Moderator | Posts: 183 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 04/13/10
09:53 AM

Wow, great question Cody.
Way to use your noggin!

Man, I hate this question, because like Brandan, I'm hugely torn.
Tim, the owner of Color Blind is a really good friend and so is Howie, the owner of The Show.
I love both trucks and saw both from their infancy.

If I had to choose, I'd go for speed. The Show scares that ear-to-ear grin on your face and it just sounds nasty! A built and blown LS is no joke.
Color Blind, however would turn heads and keep them turning.
Rolling on Giovanna 26-inch wheels and bumping like nobody's business always leaves a smile on your face. Also, Tim did a lot of the work on the truck himself, and it's hard to argue with that.
I know I sound like a politician here, but man these trucks are in a league of their own.
We can only hope to have both trucks at one show and see how the dust settles.  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Posted: 04/16/10
02:07 PM

I'm pretty excited to see these go "head-to-head".  Maybe at the end of the show season you could have some kind of VRS write up, with all the accolades that these trucks are sure to garner.  The judges have some tough decisions ahead of them.  

Posted: 04/22/10
11:18 AM

Well, good news. I spoke with Tim earlier and he's all for going head-to-head.
He got to check out "The Show" when it debuted at SEMA, and like the nice guy he is, he had nothing but good things to say about Howie's truck. He has a ton of respect for the C10.
The only thing we have to figure out now is, when and where.

Two different trucks that one thing in common—they're both unbelievable.  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Posted: 04/22/10
04:45 PM

That's a Truckin' Special Feature in the making.  I don't think there is one thats "better" than the other.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  

Posted: 05/13/10
02:04 PM

hmmmm......now you've got me thinking.
Perhaps we could do a judge panel of shop builders and cover owners....or even other editors.
Darn you Cody and all your good ideas.
ps. The Show is in issue 9 (I know it's 2 months out) and it's 100% done. 550hp + deserted two-lane highway = good times!
Now that's a teaser.  

bdt00buckshot bdt00buckshot
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 05/20/10
10:50 AM

new to the forum and to the truck scene, but i have followed these trucks as much as possible.. through TRUCKIN of course.. i love the hidden pics of these trucks in the show coverage..

the trucks are completely different approaches.. "color blind" is a new truck simplified. and "the show" is a retrorod...

I personally love the great divide that the 180 full doors have on color blind, but i happen to be young and love my gadgets. so in my opinion the updated, and tech loaded "show" has the gold metal. come on who goes the extra mile and makes his own sliding bench seat, uses corvette hubs and a waterjet cut plate frame.. now i also agree with Mr. Finnegan in The Pickup Fix up tour part 1 that i am way to focused on the build and not the ride. I would love to see Truckin do more Build followings of sick trucks like this.. this is why i am such a forum junkie.. and plan to take way to many photos of my builds. being young in the scene and respecting the ones that have come before me i would like to thank the staff at Truckin and the people who build these two trucks for some Major Motivation.