Cleanest New-body Style Chevy, ever?

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Cleanest New-body Style Chevy, ever?

DanWard-Editor DanWard-Editor
Moderator | Posts: 183 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 03/03/10
03:14 PM

Issue 5 is on sale now and we ask the question, "Is this Chevy, the cleanest ever built?"
We think so.
It has genuine engineering with trick body mods, it tucks 26s (setup for 28s) easily, the engine compartment is the most simple example of a small-block you may ever see, and the interior, well....it's off the charts.
All said and told, it's all-white and landed on our cover, a feat not easily accomplished nor easily duplicated.

I speak as a custom truck enthusiast when I say, this is just what we all needed, a sucker punch to the kidneys helping all of us remember, custom can be custom without Lambo doors, 29 paint colors, and 101 TVs.

Issue5cover 1  

Brandan Brandan
User | Posts: 140 | Joined: 11/06
03:35 PM

It looks stunning in person too! Who'd have thought that a Silverado could hold its own at the SEMA show among a batch of the hottest luxury and exotic cars?  
Feature Editor-Truckin' Magazine

Bob Ryder Bob Ryder
Moderator | Posts: 8 | Joined: 03/07
03:59 PM

This is definitely the worlds cleanest truck. No food or beverages can be consumed while cruising in this sano white Silverado. It must be handle with white cotton gloves. The high quality photos don't do it justice, you have to eyeball this white stallion in person to appreciate it.

Senior Tech Editor
Truckin' Magazine  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
06:22 PM

I haven't had the priveledge, and that's exactly what it is, a priveledge, to see this truck in person, but from what I have seen it is definately next level.  In the last few years of reading Truckin' I can only remember a couple of trucks that could even be remotely considered in this trucks class.  One being the Cover Nissan, the other being Justin's GMC.  Those trucks, in my opinion, are the closest competition that this thing has, and sorry to say, they fall short in comparison.  

10:46 PM

The truck is called Color Blind for crying out loud.
It's so sick and it's all-white.
Five years ago, screw it, 1 year ago, the masses would have laughed to think an all-white truck could be so sick and end up on the cover.

I hesitate to admit it, but I do think an old-school, hot-rod-styled flame job would look incredible on this truck, but then again, I am from Georgia and a little partial to flames.

After I wrote the story, I thought we could have called it straight jacket because that's how people will feel when driving into a show and seeing this truck parked in the winner's circle.

Great job Tim! Truck is insane.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 03/04/10
11:03 AM

Only thing I've heard some people critique about it is they think the grille should be white, too. A total monochrome look would have been cool, too.  

John_Mata_Jr John_Mata_Jr
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 03/04/10
05:35 PM

And to think that I heard so many semi negative responses to all-white trucks in the office for so long! Ha! Yeah, Color Blind is certainly one of the cleanest executed trucks out there: exterior, inside the cab, and under the hood! At first glance I first thought the interior was a bit too much like an empty cavern, but seeing so much white paint inside the cab is just an impressive sight! This one gets my vote for sure! But Im a little partial to white Chevy trucks!  
Mini Truckin' Editor

ledmax07 ledmax07
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 03/16/10
12:16 PM

I think he should have done something about the radiator cover but other than that it is the best truck I have ever seen on the pages. I hope my truck can look half that nice when I'm done.  

uptup uptup
New User | Posts: 45 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 04/01/10
01:33 PM

Yeah thats a nice truck however its not all that. The green 07 cover truck built by Aron Iha is a by far nicer looking truck.The white truck kinda thre me off with the tvs in the door panels (that video *** is so played out), the lawn chairs look ridiculous in it, and the cut out c-pillars look a little stupid to me.And with the all white theme, the chrome grille and motor looks a little outta place. I respet the work thats involved in it.However im just not a fan of it. I think you guys are playing it up just a little too much. I think this months STREET TRUCKS cover truck by far is a nicer build. Just check out all the mods on it,and its more appealing to the eye as a cover truck.Color Blind has a clean hot rod,and shaved appearance,but the big TVs in the door panls just ruins it for me.The huge Giavani wheels look retarded also. I would like to see a set of big billets on it.The truck just look like a drug dealers money pit.............Video screens in the car are so played out like REEBOK & GUESS jeans.

Thanks for reading  

Posted: 04/13/10
11:07 AM

Ahahahaha- Uptup, you're the best man.
"Lawn chairs" -classic, I like how you respect handbuilt seats.
"Cutout C-pillars look ridiculous"- man that would look ridiculous, so it's a good thing Bob Grant and Bill at Ekstensive cut out the B-pillars instead.
"Street Trucks cover is by far a nicer build"- what truck were you referring to?
The flamed square-body Blazer with a stock, beat-up and dirty engine (notice no pics)? Or the two-tone C1500 that is very nice, but has a Phantom grille from the early '90s? Didn't you just make a comment about Reebok and Guess jeans? C'mon man, that truck is super sick, but get serious.
We could all sit here and talk trash, but what I'm more interested in is how nice the truck is and how much creativity was in its design and build.

We all have an opinion and I respect yours, but try and show some respect to the owner.  

chucktruck chucktruck
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 04/13/10
10:18 PM

i think the truck is sick!!! but ofcourse there is more that i would have done... like u cant leave the front naked with all those mods, i think an HD front end completly painted(bumper and all) would of said alot for this rig... but, i know that would probably throw the whole theme... to each his own  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Posted: 04/16/10
03:12 PM

Being Canadian, I've waited forever it seems to use this comparason.  Soooo....
This truck reminds me of the Canadian Mens Olympic Hockey team.  I was worried.  However, I put faith in Steve Yzerman, someone who know's much more about hockey than I, and the team pulled through.  The same can be said about this truck.  Bob and Bill are arguably the best in the world at their craft.  Put some faith in them and they will bring home the gold.  

Posted: 04/22/10
12:14 PM

Cody,
You and I are buddies, but really....the Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey Team?
Gimminy Christmas you crazy Canadians and your hockey.
I'll let you and Brandan battle it out about national supremacy, but I do agree about Bob and Bill. Those two guys are some talented dudes and when they get together, sparks fly (literally).  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Posted: 04/22/10
05:50 PM

Daniel,
Don't be bitter; be better.