Newbie. Hello and Update

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Newbie. Hello and Update

BlackSierra BlackSierra
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 05/17/10
05:38 PM

Just signed up for the forum today. Hi everyone. Hope this is an active online community. As for myself I have an 07 Sierra I am working on now. (no pics yet) So far I have installed a remote start/security system, radar detector and smart cord, new 20inch Forte wheels and Toyo tires. A lot more in the works and would love some suggestions for possible modifications. Hope to see a lot of nice trucks in your posts as well.

Pete  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 05/18/10
05:07 PM

Welcome to the forums.  Good choice on the 07 Sierra.  Go for the big four, exhaust, rims, suspension, and an intake.  You already have the rims, you know what to do! Good luck.  

BlackSierra BlackSierra
Posted: 05/19/10
11:16 AM

Thanks for the support. I think I will be looking to the exhaust in my future. Which brings me to another question. How hard is replacing an exhaust manifold? Is it doable by me?  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
12:08 PM

Really depends on the vehicle. On some, it's easy, on others, it's a real pain. As long as you can get easy access to underneath the vehicle, it should be relatively straightforward. It might be a little bit of a trick to getting to some of the nuts, but if you have an angle-ratchet, then it shouldn't be a problem. If you're just doing a cat-back, it's a piece of cake. Headers are a little more of a challenge, but still not too bad.  

BlackSierra BlackSierra
07:42 PM

Thanks for the advice. Well, I basically want to redo the entire thing. The header is really rusted and looks terrible. The rest of the exhaust is in  good shape but I figure I should just do it all to get that custom look and tone I want anyway. Are there any tips I should know before getting started?  

Rebel37 Rebel37
User | Posts: 133 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/05/10
07:58 PM

I've considered headers. But I'm on a super tight budget with college coming up and I have a "problem" of wanting to do all work myself. Also, I have a pretty small knowledge of automotive work at this point, but I'm working to know more. How simple is it to replace headers correctly and about how long did it take you?  
And the fourth rider came upon a PALE HORSE and his name was death, and hell followed him.

Big_Shawn Big_Shawn
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/12/10
09:12 AM

as far as replacing the headers. it is realatively simple. i did mine, by myself. you should have a torch handy, for the bolts that connect the manifold to the exhaust pipe. if you dont, you will need some good penitrating oil, and a good impact wrench. and the driver's side toward the rear is a tight fit.