50th Anniversary of the Ford Econoline, Aug 12 2010, Cleveland Ohio

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

50th Anniversary of the Ford Econoline, Aug 12 2010, Cleveland Ohio

Showvans1 Showvans1
User | Posts: 143 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 06/09/10
01:12 PM

The Ford Econoline is turning 50 with the 2011 production year. The first 2011 Econoline will be rolling off the line on August 12, 2010. Ford has contacted one of the gurus of Econolines Jim a.k.a Blue Lemon and has invited all Econoline owners to attend a special celebration with their vans on Aug 12 at the Econoline plant near Cleveland Ohio. The Ford event people are busy planning this event and we'll fill you in on details as they are available. We should be able to assemble a very nice collection of Econos of all vintages for them.

If your on Facebook, check out the group Econoline 5.0 we're hoping to get a good bunch of these vans for this event. I've talked to Bob Ryder about it and there's a good chance we'll be able to collaborate on something for this event.  
Vannin.com staff, showtrux.com/paneltruck.com webmaster
Member Van Azur, ACVQ, OFV, National Truck-In Board support staff and occasional contributor to this fine magazine going back to 1982.

MatMobile MatMobile
User | Posts: 116 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 06/10/10
04:01 PM

Sounds cool! But it's going to be tough to make a 12 hour drive for a Thursday. Vacations are already set a long time ago. I was hoping it was 2011 that the event was happening. Frown

Keep us informed Doug. I'm hoping they do something for the weekend or maybe at next years Nats or who knows...  
----- Mathieu -----
MatMobile
"Electric Avenue", my '79 Ford.

Showvans1 Showvans1
Posted: 06/17/10
09:13 AM

Ford is quite serious about making a big deal out of this. They are sending a production company to video Econoline owners and their vans at the National Truck-In in Greenwich N.Y that's happening July 7-11 2010. So Mat you will still have a chance to participate in this even if you can't make it to the Aug 12 event. Not sure of the exact date and time that this will happen but I will update all info here once we get it.  
Member Van Azur, ACVQ, OFV, National Truck-In Board support staff and occasional contributor to this fine magazine going back to 1982.

vanmachineman vanmachineman
User | Posts: 93 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 06/24/10
05:07 AM

This is very Good.All types of Ford vans they will see. It is to bad for me that my Ford is getting a make over.I'll have my Ford photo album with me of what it looked like, and what it looks like today in progress.  
Van Promoter & Representative

Info On future East coast events
www.newenglandvancouncil

www.showvans.com

www.vannin.com

Showvans1 Showvans1
Posted: 07/17/10
02:27 PM

Unfortunately Ford has cancelled this event. Hopefully we can do something else to celebrate this milestone event. We had many of the top Econolines both old and new lined up for this.  

Garfield43 Garfield43
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/18/10
07:21 PM

First I was sad  I missed it. Now I am sadder it never happened  Frown
Is there any chance of them doing it next year?
Isn't the Nats gonna be in OH then?