Did "Color Blind" blaze a trail?

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Did "Color Blind" blaze a trail?

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 08/30/10
07:09 PM

It's not the first time it has been mentioned.  White trucks are popping up everywhere.  White paint is not a new thing, but has "Color Blind" changed the perception of white trucks?  Personally I have always appreciated a clean white truck, but now that "Color Blind" has hit the scene in a big way, I really start to take notice of next level trucks bearing white paint.  At the same time "Color Blind" has also jaded me towards white schemes, when I see a white truck I can appreciate the clean white body, but in the back of my mind something says "It's not Color Blind."  Thoughts?  

DanWard-Editor DanWard-Editor
Moderator | Posts: 183 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 08/31/10
04:22 PM

I think what makes Tim's 'Color Blind' so unique is all of the work he's put into it.
Insane body mods, first-ever door treatment, and a mixture of sport truck meets street rod leaves no doubt in your mind that this truck is off the charts.
If the truck was red, black, blue, would it be the same? Probably not, and as rumor has it, we'll get to see the truck with a whole new look when SEMA time comes around.

White trucks for everyone? I sure hope not. Personally, I can't drive a white truck, but there again, I still very much like flames, two-tones, and yet I do appreciate a clean truck with cool stuff done to it (just look at Project Sinatra I did 3 years ago). http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0813tr_2001_ford_f150/index.html

Point is, build a truck the way you want it done and if people like it, cool and if not, who cares.

Great question Cody-  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Posted: 08/31/10
09:45 PM

Project Sinatra was one of my favourites in it's time.   I still think it would look great lay'd out.  I'm still waiting to see the first suicide doored, b-pillar shaved, Tahoe.  That and the first body dropped Raptor.  

Rebel37 Rebel37
User | Posts: 133 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 09/09/10
11:29 AM

yeah. Color Blind definitely left a mark. I agree that it makes one stop and take notice of simple builds that deal more with upgrades on the interior and performance rather than lookin insane in paint.  
And the fourth rider came upon a PALE HORSE and his name was death, and hell followed him.

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Posted: 09/11/10
11:08 AM

Would "Color Blind" still leave the same impression if it had a crazy paint scheme?  

Rebel37 Rebel37
User | Posts: 133 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 09/11/10
01:33 PM

Personally, I would say no. Because it would be different than most trucks based on owner style and preference, but by a simple paint job, it essentially makes itself stand out without the added paint scheme. Without that idea, it would, in essence, just be another custom truck cruisin the streets.  
And the fourth rider came upon a PALE HORSE and his name was death, and hell followed him.