dodge ram..please help!

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

dodge ram..please help!

sheets2090 sheets2090
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/23/09
05:54 PM

If anyone could help me out here i would greatly apprciate it, i have a 2003 dodge ram 1500 3.7 L v6 i wanted to swap it out with a 5.7 v8 hemi and i was wondering if it was possible?? andabout how much it would cost me. my biggest concern was have one wheel drive in the rear and now with the hemi converting it to a real rear wheel drive haha. If anyone can post back to this with some advice and help id apprciate it. Thanks!  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 08/23/09
07:07 PM

the one wheel drive is easily remidied with a rear differential locker.  the swap should be easy enough im not sure if the wiring will need to be switched or not.  i can't really see why it should need to be.  

Thanos Ram 02 Thanos Ram 02
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 08/21/10
01:06 AM

From my understanding, almost all the wiring would need to be changed, but don't take my word for it. Best to make sure. As for the swap and "peg leg" drive (Dodge should've been ashamed to do such a thing to the Ram...) The swap is fairly easy, plenty of space for even the Gen 2 Hemi. That you can take my word on, if you have doubts, look up "Hot Rod Hemi Ram". You'll need a change in transmission, like the 45RFE or 545RFE transmission.

The "Peg Leg" can be fixed with a locker, better yet,one of a LSD variety. There are different kinds out there, so make sure you get the right one for the street, unless you intend to run 1/4 mile runs...  
No copycats...

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 08/21/10
07:10 PM

Yes for the engine swap the wiring will need to be changed, nothing will need to be changed for the rear diff locker.  I never specified that well enough.  

martingary1803 martingary1803
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/15/13
04:03 AM

hello ,
welcome to you on this forum site.
I also have problem with this topic but I am taking reference from some classified sites. You can also try it.
----------------------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS