any ideas on what to do next?

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

any ideas on what to do next?

black07_silverado black07_silverado
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/31/10
11:05 PM

Not really sure what to do next....any suggestions? i'm kinda wondering how it would look with the side skirts or maybe black rims. Any suggestions would be appreciated  Grin

heres the front...

39882 419110968309 501903309 4852764 3268765 N

and the back...

39882 419110973309 501903309 4852765 3111282 N

and the hood..

45243 420055548309 501903309 4880938 264594 N  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 09/01/10
09:55 AM

I think black rims would look sick. Shaved handles would look nice, but they're a pain when they don't work. If it's your daily driver, I'd probably keep the door handles. Maybe smoked headlights? Red bowtie on the grille? Just some thoughts.  

11:30 AM

i would love some black 22s instead of the chrome ones. I was kinda wondering what an orange bowtie would look like. this is my daily driver, so i'm gonna keep the handles, but definately shave the tailgate. i would still like to be able to put it in a show eventually though  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
11:59 AM

Go with some black rims with an orange lip, orange and silver pinstripe on the front of the hood and down the side of the truck, orange bowite, black the tail lights completely out, some orange and silver pinstripe on the tailgate, shave the tailgate handle, weld in roll pan, side skirts, Banks exhaust, intake, headers, programmer.  The finishing touch, a Truckin' sticker in the driver's side of the back window.  Ballin' ass driver that you can take to the shows.  Looks fast and clean.  

03:46 PM

BTW, clarification...by "smoked" headlights, I didn't mean the lenses (which would get you a ticket just about anywhere) but smoked/blacked-out housings. Kind of like this.

Dynamicimage  

05:14 PM

That is definately some great ideas. Im sure that would get me even more looks going down the road. I appreciate all that info. How would I go about getting the Truckin' decal for my window?  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
07:31 PM

I personally would just go into your local decal store and get some made up, they'd be cheap and the exact color and size you want them.  

AceX AceX
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 09/02/10
01:26 AM

I would go with a gold bowtie emblem on the grille like from the factory. For the wheels, if you don't love the ones you have, I would swap out to some painted/powdercoated Bonspeeds with a little less offset, then go a little lower in front and back. To add to this, a mild stereo with a clean custom install would make the truck much nicer to drive. Stereo is kinda my passion within a passion, so I'm biased Smile

You have a great foundation so far, the trick now is to get that 'just right' mix of custom and factory that makes a great, clean truck.

If you really wanna splurge, an SSBC kit for the brakes all around would look awesome, and I personally would section the hood a bit so it isn't such a harsh 'hump' and looks more like its part of the overall design instead of almost an afterthought.

"Oh sh!t, the magnacharger hits the hood when you close it!"

"Lets slap a cowl on it an call it a day"

I'm just saying it would look much more 'thought out' ya'know?  

DanWard-Editor DanWard-Editor
Moderator | Posts: 183 | Joined: 12/06
04:25 PM

Orange?
Where is all of this orange coming from?

Truck looks good, all it needs is some smoke coming from the back tires.

As far as decals go, we only have a few that we take to shows and hand out to feature trucks, but we're trying to get more so we can send them out to any and everyone.  

08:09 PM

The orange was just a random thought one day. I definately appreciate all of the ideas, I had a general direction I wanted to go in, but there arent many custom trucks here so Im just kinda doing a few things here and there. I want a mild stereo in there, but I havent been able to find the right box. I like the wheels that I have on there now, but i really think that black would set it off even more.
Guess I'll have to just keep adding a few things and earn myself one of those truckin' stickers. I've been looking through the magazines for years, and never been to a single show...but one day I'll be in a show and hopefully make it to a page in the magazine.  

AceX AceX
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 08/10
08:31 PM

If you like orange, some orange stripes would look good, like on my buddy DK's Shelby Mustang. Check www.arcaudio.com for pics.

Go out to the shows, but don't go with the intention of landing a pic in the mag, just go to have fun. If you only go for that one reason, You'll more than likely be dissappointed...  

08:41 PM

Haha, yeah. I just enjoy looking at the vehicles. I dont care if I ever make it in any magazine or take home a single trophy, it's more about making friends and seeing new rides. I'll check out the pics if i can find them  

Posted: 09/07/10
10:31 AM

I'd say the first step to getting in the magazine is getting in Reader's Rides. At least you'll be "in the magazine" even if it isn't a full feature. But it's a first step.  Smile  

Big_Shawn Big_Shawn
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/10/10
03:09 PM

nice ride!!! i like what you are thinking with the orange. I have an 06 Sierra reg cab. For my stereo, i took a regular sub box,that was made to fit behind the seat. that holds 2 12's. and cut the top of the box down some, so i didnt lose much leg room, and i can still tilt the seat back a bit. and the amp fits in the middle of the box. so its a clean look to it.