Truckin Magazine
1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Chevy- Ford Smackdown: A battle That'll Never Die

Rebel37 Rebel37
User | Posts: 133 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 08/27/10
07:36 PM

This is coming from a totally closed mind (GM blood)...
What do you think makes your Ford or Chevy/GMC better in design, customizability, performance, etc.?  
And the fourth rider came upon a PALE HORSE and his name was death, and hell followed him.

RingoMason RingoMason
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/28/10
01:32 PM

I like them all , GM , Ford ,Dodge , they all have there ups and downs . I'v owed all three of the domestic full sized truck brands but have owned more chevy's than anything else and I think the chevy/gmc's have the most aftermarket customizing parts and performance bolt-ons .
I'v always pretty much been a chevy guy too , but as far as brand-new trucks thats out now , I think the new Dodges are my favorite . The new body style is the best looking one that Dodge has made ( I think )and there engines are BADASS , the available Hemi has a factory HP of 390 !
It all comes down to personal prefrence , but there is lemons and cherrys in every brand.

KEEP ON TRUCKIN  

Rebel37 Rebel37
Posted: 08/28/10
07:03 PM

True, man. I've noticed too that there's a big war of GM vs. Ford and Dodge is just out there doin their own thing. I definetly agree. The Paradox feature two months ago? SWEET! I loved it. They definetly have their unique features and they certainly take advantage of them. Although when it comes to Dodge, I usually stick to their cars such as the Charger, Challenger, and the Magnums.  
And the fourth rider came upon a PALE HORSE and his name was death, and hell followed him.

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 08/29/10
01:57 PM

I don't really see a war between custom trucks anymore.  There are a few guys out there that are die hards for their own particular favourites, however the general concensus is that a truck is a truck.  Late model Chev, Ford, Dodge, Toytota, Nissan, are all nice trucks and with the right amount of time and money they can all be sick.  Early model trucks are a bit of a different story as Chev, and Ford fullsize trucks are the two sought after brands.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 08/30/10
10:59 AM

They're all pretty good now. Just as a side-note, my father-in-law, who owns a 2006 Sierra 2500 with an LBZ Duramax just bought a 2011 F-250 Super Duty with the 6.2L gasser. (Don't worry, he still has the GMC)

He said he didn't want another diesel because of all the maintenance involved, plus, almost all the new ones have the SCR emissions crap on them. Plus, this other truck was meant for lighter-duty hauling than the diesel, so it wasn't as important to have earth-rotating torque. We just took a trip out to the river in the new Ford, and he said he liked it pretty well. I should note prior to this, he was a pretty die-hard GM guy, but after doing some research and test driving, got the Ford. Obviously, fuel economy wasn't quite as good as the diesel, and it didn't have as much torque. Other than that, he was pretty happy with the performance.  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
02:21 PM

I think you're going to find more of a confrontational mentaltiy among regular truck owners, the custom truck guys appreciate the work done to the truck, it rarely matters what emblem it has on the front.  Unless it's a Caddy, then it's obviously the top dog.  

03:13 PM

You mean a Silverado with an Escalade clip on it, or an actual Caddy?  Smile  

Rebel37 Rebel37
07:30 PM

I can understand that. We're all entitled to our opinions. It's like,
you say soccer- I say football
You say rap- I say rock
You say North- I'll always say Dixie.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I must admit, I have found a few blue ovals that make me a little envious, like the Pure Vision F-150. But then I look at the "Reaper" GMC and my faith is once more restored.  

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Posted: 08/31/10
02:35 PM

Icon Quoteesanchez:
You mean a Silverado with an Escalade clip on it, or an actual Caddy?  Smile

I might be a little biased....  

Rebel37 Rebel37
Posted: 09/08/10
06:40 AM

Who's seen the Expendables? I just saw it last night and had a total revelation. Sly's 55 F100 is a freakin monster. The B&M transmission along with the Gibson exhaust and headers in the surround sound of the theaters, I'll admit, made me envious. I'm still die hared Chevy, but I've finally found a Ford I can actually appreciate.
Any comments?  

reinaldo reinaldo
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 09/16/10
02:23 AM

I'm currently using Ford but before I used to have Chevy. I think both of them works fine for me. We have different perspectives though.  
Reinaldo Range

Rebel37 Rebel37
Posted: 09/16/10
07:02 AM

Waht model/ year?  

Big_Shawn Big_Shawn
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/11/10
06:55 PM

I currently have an 06 sierra. before this i had an 04 dodge 3/4 ton with a hemi. before that i had an 04 f150. i didnt like anything on the dodge, but the hemi engine. i think the fords are more comfortable than anything else. not so good on power. I love the sierra that i have now. just wish it was an ex-tended cab. with a few engine mods, it feels like it has more power than the hemi. plus, it is somewhat cheaper to buy aftermarket parts for.  

Posted: 11/12/10
11:29 AM

After having driven the '11 F-150s, I think I'd say Ford is tops in the half-ton class once again. I just think overall they have the best powertrain lineup. The new 5.0 V8 is a real gem, and the EcoBoost is pretty impressive, I gotta say. Heck, even the base 3.7 V6 is decent. Who would have thought 10 years ago, the "base" six-cylinder engine on a half-ton would have over 300 horsepower? It's always a moving target though, so it's just a matter of time before GM and Dodge get back in the game with some updates.  

Rebel37 Rebel37
Posted: 11/12/10
11:36 AM

Yeah. I love my 93 Sierra, jsut wish I had the funds to put moer power in it. Right now it's all stock except for a flowmaster muffler and dual tail pipes out back. Big plans, small funds, what to do?  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last