Anyone ever convertiblized a c-10?

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Anyone ever convertiblized a c-10?

navexcape navexcape
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/30/10
05:44 PM

Okay, so there I was riding down the road in my '71 stepside c-10 looking at the cancer eating away at the roof of my once beautiful ride.  Estimating the "cool" factor of a repair job verses the price of having the work done I started contemplating other possibilities.  What about a convertible?  So, here I am browsing the blogs in search of someone who has done this so I can wrap my head around a price range/timeline.  I am mainly curious about what to do with the door window seals.  What would I do with the top of the door?  I've seen the sweet '67 that is permanently converted, but I like the idea of keeping it as a daily driver rain or shine.  Any Ideas/Help?  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Guru | Posts: 1908 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 08/17/10
03:19 PM

Most of the customs I've seen that I thought were C10 chop-tops were actually K5 Blazers with the front roof section cut off. I'd definitely contact One Piece Products for the side glass. Other than that, I can't offer a whole lot of advice. Anyone else done a convertible C10?  

cafw817 cafw817
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/25/10
07:35 PM

Trying to win Pioneer shallow mount subs.

Answer is: This unique three layer design creates feather-weight cone with exceptional strength, including the following materials:  Aramid Fiber surface layer, Foamed PP core, and Glass Fiber reinforcement layer.  

cafw817 cafw817
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/25/10
07:37 PM

I always wanted to buy a Monte Carlo and make it convertible.  I have heard to make a car that is not convertible requires additional reinforcements to the body and frame.  Is this true, it would apply to a car or truck.  

navexcape navexcape
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 01/14/11
05:42 AM

Well, after talking with a local shop it appears it would be easier to just replace the roof.  Because the top of the doors would look kind of funny just hanging out with the top off.  Oh well, found a donor '67 that had a great roof, but rusted floor.  It's a lot cheaper than buying individual pieces of sheet metal.
 Anyone know where I can find some unique tail lights for the same truck?  The aftermarket hasn't gotten very creative for this application, at least that I can find.  

tuckn22s tuckn22s
User | Posts: 115 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 01/15/11
05:19 PM

i havent done a c10 but usually on trucks i weld the top of the door to the roof then cut the roof off. this way when the roof is put back on it lines up with the window.  
World Wide Air Suspension Store
CustomConnectionLLC.com
facebook.com/customconnection
twitter.com/bagitorelse
270-860-1103