Any ideas?

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Any ideas?

GTluvr GTluvr
User | Posts: 80 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 05/07/11
05:58 AM

I'm redoing the interior of my '94 S10. That seems to be a "bastard" year, many of the parts I need aren't available at LMC truck or any of the other repro manufacturers. The original color scheme was...gray. The truck is blue, so I've redone the headliner, dash, seats and door panels to better suit the factory color. I saved the extra headliner material and I am getting the visors recovered. These sunblinds have a J shaped hook on the inside to clip the arm of the visopr into. The inside part has a bow & arrow type of accordion-like doohickey that expands once the screw is fed into it, locking the clip into the headliner. On one side the screw was shot thru the plastic and not centered in the hole, so it was a *** to get out and now I cannot get it back in. This insignificant plastic bit, which looks like it cost $1.19 is no longer made, I tried all of the local Chevy dealers and none have any in stock. I would have thought that GM would use similar clips on all models of cars, being prgmatic about such an insignificant part, but boy was I ever wrong! I cannot locate them anywhere. I live on Long Island, N.Y. so there are no pick-a-part junkyards anymore. I know of some a couple hours drive away, but I'm not going to use a tank and a half of gas to find this little thing-a-majig, not with the price of a gallon being $4.19. I'm sure the same year Blazers have the same hardware but most get stripped out of these, and only the valuable parts are saved, like fenders, doors, axles, motors, trannies etc. I would try using parts from other GM cars but to find one that is similar is another needle in the haystack. Any suggestions???

GT