2000 GMC Sierra NEED LOWERING HELP!!!

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

2000 GMC Sierra NEED LOWERING HELP!!!

Want2BeLow Want2BeLow
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 10/02/11
07:12 PM

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff437/SawMan5000/FrontLeftTruck.jpg[/IMG]]Frontlefttruckhttp://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff437/SawMan5000/TruckBackSide.jpg[/IMG]]Truckbackside

Here's the deal. I recently put some 305/40/22's on my truck, and cannot lower it because the tires actually stick out 1/4 in. too far in the front and rear. I need help because I really want it bagged, and so far here is what I've come up with.

I can either have a machinest shave out the wheels a little more than 1/4 in. and it will fit snug, possibly to close to the leaf springs, or cut the entire exterior fender on the body and have a custom molded metal replacement. I am looking to lay frame, and really love my wheels. Changing tires is out of the question though. They are perfectly matched and I am a HUGE fan of these tires. I also thought about a flip kit in the rear, and possibly a 2" front drop...But I want an even ride...I don't want the back lower, or higher than the front. I am currently level in the rear, but BAGS are my love! I've even checked out the NEW GMC bed for a possible conversion, but it would look funky with a 2000 front end. If someone can tell me how to squeeze the body over these wheels and not rub, I'd be greatful.. I am not going to shorten my axle, so please think outside the box! It costs WAYYYYY too much, and I don't think a tubbed Sierra looks good. I don't race...So, yeah!

HEEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!  
I WANT 2 BE LOW!!

CodyKallis CodyKallis
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 10/06/11
07:55 PM

You're going to have to sell your shoes and buy some that will tuck. Or shorten your axle. A muscle truck stance, 2" higher in the back, will look really sick in my opinion.  Looking at the pictures you might be able to roll your fenders and put some slightly skinnier rubber on your whip.  At some point you're going to have to decide if you'd rather have those rims or lay it out.  Food for thought.  

EmmanuelTrevino EmmanuelTrevino
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 01/23/12
02:12 AM

305's are to wide u needed like 285's or 265's