Subscribe
Subscribe
> > > > >
Anyone from AZ who has experience in installing a Billet Grille?

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

dropped_1500 dropped_1500
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 10/07/11
03:29 PM

Hi!! My name is Jason, and I'm from San Tan Valley, AZ! I just purchased a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab and I'm in the process of customizing it. I'm not having any luck with finding any local custom truck shops around my area... Anyone know of a good shop, or if you live near by and know how to do proper installation, plz respond and let me know, thank you.

27Zi7pw
2Mnowb6

Type of grille I purchased.
2Ivcgu1
148Nfrn

Fitment: 2007-2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Material: Aluminum
Color: Polished
Style: Horizontal Billet
Package: * 1pc Lower Bumper grille(Bolt Over/Overlay/Bolton(Drilling Required))
* 1pc Main Upper grille(Replacement (Cutting Required))

-Each grille guarantees a black satin powder coating with a shining polished surface.
-Air craft grade 6061-T6 aluminum solid billet grilles insert can protect the front end of your vehicle.
-Bar width: 6mm wide and 20mm thick bar.
-Horizontal bar style welded by hand.
-Toughest horizontal billet grille in the market give your vehicle an aggressive look.
-Can enhance the style or function of the original OEM grille.
-Corrosion resistant aluminum billet grilles in polished mirror finish.
-Cutting and drilling is required in most cases.  

Want2BeLow Want2BeLow
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 10/10/11
06:50 PM

Hey brother, I have the same grille for my 2000 Sierra and I can tell you exactly how to install it without the hastle of help, or paying.

Directions:

1. Remove your stock grille assemble and ensure it is all completely intact.  Do not attempt to remove the inside of your grille until you are ready.
2. Once the entire grille is off, you will be ready to cut the inside of your grille out and install the new one. You will ONLY CUT the black bars in the center of the grille out. Do not cut anything chrome! After you have cut the black bard out, you will notice you can fit the replacement inside.
3. Place the replacement grille inside of your old grille frame, and using sharpee mark over where your holes will need to go.
4. Remove the grille, and drill your holes in the frame of the grille.
5. Re-Insert the grille and mount it inside the frame!

ALL done! Be easy homie! Do these steps slowly and make sure all measurements are correct before drilling! It will fit snug, so make sure your holes count!!  
I WANT 2 BE LOW!!

Want2BeLow Want2BeLow
06:51 PM

If you have any problems, write me on here and I will give you further instructions. I also have pix of mine installed, and I can give you my email, and text info if you need it for more help.  
I WANT 2 BE LOW!!

Want2BeLow Want2BeLow
06:53 PM

Also, before step 3, sand down any curvy edges you have from cutting the center out.  
I WANT 2 BE LOW!!