Finally joined the forums

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Finally joined the forums

NomaSSX NomaSSX
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/21/12
01:48 PM

Well, my name's Kevin and have been a subscriber to Truckin' magazine for a few years now. I love the looks of lowered mini-trucks, so when I got the chance to buy a 2002 GMC Sonoma, I jumped at the chance.

I picked it up in April 2010 after I got out of basic training for the Army and right away I dropped it 3" front and rear, made the exhaust a little louder, through some American Racing TTII's on it wrapped in Falken 245/50/16 out back, and 205/55/16 up front along with a flush-mount bed cover.

While deployed (OCT. 2010-June 2011), I came up with the idea to further modify it and do something one of a kind. I ordered about 3500 bucks worth of parts and put them on when I got home. It is at a stand still right now, as I have some bills to pay off by the time I'm out of the military (Couple months from now) then I can begin working on it some more.

The things I've done so far is as follows:
3/3 static drop
16" A.R. TTII's (And a set of Forte Redrum 17" front 18" rear wheels waiting tires)
flush mount bed cover
2" cowl induction hood
S-10 front clip swap (Xtreme grille, SS style bumper cover, projector halo headlights, LED turns with customized smoke turn signal covers)
LED tail lights w/ smoke light covers
Smoke 3rd brake light lens w/ red bulbs
roll pan
Helwig 1.1/8" front sway bar w/ poly bushings and 7/8" rear sway bar
8000K HID headlights
sport mirrors

That's all I can remember. The future just includes a mild cam, T3/T4 turbo w/ intercooler (buddy of mine has it) and probably going lower, maybe 5-6 drop. I'm a fan of static drops rather than bags. Not sure why.

DSCF9087
When installing all the extra parts post-deployment (The stock wheels and tires went back on it for storage, hence why the rear are still the stockers.)

DSCF9085
Good look of the roll pan and the bed cover.

DSCF9081
The front end, mid install. None of the parts where actually connected at this point. More of a fitment check.

Truckindells
What it used to look like.

It is a 4.3L V6 with a 4L60E auto trans (I think). Let me know what you all think! And no, it still doesn't have paint on the front end. Still up in the air what style I want to go with and, of course, still saving for it.