Relocated gas tank.

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Relocated gas tank.

toolbag420 toolbag420
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/11/12
03:52 PM

Recently I shaved everything on my 2002 Ram 1500 . I relocated the gas tank filler onto the bed rail above the original gas tank . I am using a gas cap from a marine application . I installed a marine breather , it is on the bed rail also.
  My problem , as if you haven't guessed already , is when filling the gas up there is always back pressure and the gas comes back out. The only way to fill the tank is to baby the gas nozzle when filling . Is there a way to correct this problem ???
  I see a lot of custom trucks in the magazine that have this modification but never any technical information about the install .    
  Any help or comments would be appreciated.... TY   Bill H.  

Read more: http://forums.truckinweb.com/70/9075277/general-customization/relocated-gas-tank/index.html#ixzz1oqqQUwKz  

GTluvr GTluvr
User | Posts: 80 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 03/16/12
11:12 PM

In many of the Kustom Truck magazines, they give a link to the builder, be it a shop or an individual. Try contacting them and ask what steps they took. Unlike the old days, people aren't so tight-lipped anymore about keeping secrets. Did you run a vent tube alongside your gas filler neck? That might provide some relief.

GT