Ad Radar
Subscribe
Subscribe
> > > > >
Help on Installation of Rear Roll Pan on 99 YUKON,Old Body Style???

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

GMC99YUKON GMC99YUKON
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/12
Posted: 07/04/12
01:34 AM

Hello All, I have a 1999,2wd,4door,GMC Yukon,Older Body Style,5.7 350.I want to install a roll pan on the rear and get rid of the ugly big bumper.My issue is that EVERYONE I ask about the installation keeps telling me I'm wrong,that it just bolts to the Bumper Brackets or is welded on and seams filled for smoothness.I've even been told the same from the people I'm trying to buy the part from.Well problem is that once you take off the bumper there are no brackets.It bolts too the Frame Rails that stick out a good 6 Inches past where the Roll Pan would go across.So I'd have to cut off the end of my Frame rails to install it.And that would give me nothing to bolt to,and also cut off the first mounting holes for my Hitch.I tell everyone who I speak to that my Frame Rails stick out way past where the Roll Pan would go across.And keep getting answers like I'm seeing things,just to bolt the pan on the bumper brackets,or weld it, and be done,that I don't have to cut my Frame Rails to do it!!! Well I guess I'm just blind because my Frame Rails are sticking out a good 5-6inches out the rear!! NO I'm not BLIND!!! Can somebody PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS???I'm disabled with a spine injury but I've been working on Chevy's since I was a kid.I built my first Truck in High School just to have a vehicle cause my parents were always wasted,and I had to get away.So I built an 85 S-10,V8 383 conversion in my backyard & Auto Mechanics class.I KNOW MY CHEVY'S AND GMC's!! But I really want to install a roll pan cause my truck looks silly dropped with the bulky bumper out the back.PLEASE SOMEBODY,HELP A MAN KEEP HIS MIND!!! I've pretty much already lost my back.Thanks SO MUCH to anyone for any advice!! It will be very useful to a very grateful man!!Keep On Truckin!!! Greatest Mag Ever,You Truckin Guyz do a Rockin Job!!!!