restoration project

Truckin Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

restoration project

fishman82 fishman82
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/25/13
11:45 AM

hey guys and gals i am new to the site. i didn't know how to search for a topic so i made my own. anyway i have a 1994 nissan extended cab hardbody pickup that i am wanting to restore to like new condition. any tips pointers and what not feel free to leave comments because quite frankly i have ideas but don't know where exactly to start.  

waynep71222 waynep71222
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 05/12
Posted: 02/26/13
09:38 PM

a place to work on it..

charting the parts you will need..   pricing them. finding them.

charting also what body work needs to be done..   glass removed and then at a later time .. reinstalled..

upholstery work..

checking alldatadiy dot com for a list of TSBs and recalls on that model.. so you can get everything perfect..

a factory service manual will help in the tear down and rebuilding of the truck..

there are several nissan parts suppliers online.. that will not only let you view a list of partial part numbers but also parts diagrams right from nissan..  these can really help..  try nissan parts zone dot com for one..  there are a bunch more..

these will allow you to print a bunch of different diagrams.. one at a time.. then walk around the truck and highlight the parts you need to replace..

since its never going to be a true classic..  there are some things that you might think about improving over OEM production line quality..  

waynep71222 waynep71222
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 05/12
Posted: 02/26/13
09:44 PM

here is the list for the 2.4L motors

http://alldatadiy.com/TSB/42/94420919.html

there is a recall for the seat belt buckles

Automotive Recall and Technical Service Bulletin Titles for 1994 Nissan-Datsun Truck D21 Hardbody 2WD V6-2960cc 3.0L SOHC MFI (VG30E).

TSB Number & Issue Date      TSB Title
02-055A DEC 02    Recall - Seat Belt Buckle Replacement